Ahoy there mateys! If any of ye should be sailing near the waters of Conwy on the 11th or 12th of May, then be sure to drop anchor and come ashore. Whatereyou do, don’t be a landlubber and miss out all the fun!
Here’s a translation for those of you who don’t speak pirate: Come along to Conway on the 11th and 12th of May for the second annual Conwy Pirate Weekend. There’s loads of great things to see and do, so don’t miss out!
There will be all kinds of entertainment and activities to enjoy over the weekend:
- Pirates will enter the river and attack the quay at 10.15am on Saturday
- On Sunday, pirates will enter the river at 11.15am and skirmish with the revenue and the navy
- Crabbing competitions
- Barrell rolling and keg races
- Pirate tug of war
- Pirate tales
- Birds of prey
- A lantern parade and cannon fire
- Smugglers market
- There’s a fancy dress competition for the best dressed pirates too!
Gatling Magic will be there all weekend, with pirate themed magic.